Madden TV – Show #117 – Setting Custom Playbook Audibles

The biggest question we have been getting so far is Can You Set Your Custom Playbook Audibles?

Make sure to start with Dallas Playbook on O, Carolina on D
Learn how to set your custom audibles in Madden NFL 12 as Sgibs breaks down exactly how its done! Why is this important? So you can get your 5 sets for success for each formation and have them ready to audible to. This makes custom playbooks dynamic!

Have a question? Leave it below or message us on Twitter @sgibs7! @Maddenbible

Filed Under: Featured ContentFIFA 14 Tips & VideoGTA V VideoNCAA 14 Video

About the Author: ZFarls is a 23 Year Old Madden Baller from Boston, MA. Along with Sgibs, he owns Madden Bible and looks to give players advanced strategies and tactics to win more madden games. He preaches confidence in what you are running and knowing the situation you are in. Everything else will come naturally!

RSSComments (22)

Leave a Reply | Trackback URL

1. Duane says:

Hey Gibs
    In my settings what team do I set my custom playbook for to get the audibles to show up? For example I’m using the Jets for defense and Patriots for offense to build my custom playbooks.

2. Todd says:

Can u do this on ps3?

3. Julian says:

Hey can yu use these online like in ranked matches?

4. Ptubbs says:

In the def playbook setup, i kept getting all punt returns for my audibles, how to u setup the Def book. If u have run up against this how to u solve? Really appreciate your setups and playbooks. Have bought ur guides and find them very helpful my man.

5. Chris says:

Has anyone actually got this to work this way? I have followed step by step and my 5 plays are there but they are not the audibles!

6. Ptubbs says:

With the defense custom playbook you gotta use the Chargers def book to start with, then you follow what Sgibs says. There may be other Def books you can use, but I did mine with San Diego and it worked. Could not get it to work with any other playbook. One draw back is the kick off formations; you only get the 2 back return(right left and center) as options. If anybody knows a work around for this please give a shout out, unless you want to keep it to yourself lol.

7. Ben says:

Great vid ive been toying with custom playbooks for a while but couldnt figure out how To set ur audibles Which kinda killed that feature for me.

8. John says:

I followed this step by step and the PA play is still showing up as an audible…

9. bash says:

hey guys i just got my offensive pb down and its pretty sweet, u can ad quick auds as soon as you got your 5 auds done make sure ur five auds r set b4 u set some quik auds.

10. Drizzle says:

I’ve been trying to use my custom playbook online but can’t seem to figure out how to pull it up when I’m online. Does anyone know how to do that? Out can out even be done online? Please help

11. sean says:

in my playbook it only has the 5 plays i put in but they arnt showing up as my audibles. also when i goto practice mode there are like 7 other plays there that arnt in my playbook. any new info to make this work?

12. Tres says:

Ok so i started a playbook w/ dallas. It has 5 plays + the play action.
    Named it “Blank” and saved it.
    Went to practice, and those 5 plays are NOT my audibles.

On top of that, there are way more than 5 plays in the book when you load up for practice… but back in the editor… still 5 plays + play action.

What gives?

13. Brian says:

How do you get all sets of a formation in the same window when choosing a play during a game? with a Custom pb the different sets of a formation are scrambled around. like all different sets in shotgun aren’t under the “gun” widow

14. FAVREALOUS says:

For those of you who have been having issues getting this to work (Off. Custom book) on PS3, I can confirm that it works. However, I found that you need to start off with the Cowboys playbook. I did all the same steps with my Green Bay playbook and it didn’t work. Shout out to PTubbs for the defensive book info! That’s the most important custom book for me. Can’t wait to set up my schemes later tonight.

– PSN: FAVREALOUS

15. payforte says:

This isn’t working for me. I followed the directions, but when I go to practice ALL of my audibles are the first play I added. The next 4 are nowhere to be found in my audibles.

16. ZFarls says:

Did you start with Dallas PB?

17. Tim says:

I tried to do a defensive playbook and removed all they plays and added the 5 I wanted however my audibles are KRs. KR left, KR right, etc.

18. Vickmnc84 says:

Gr8t video but I have had some of the same problems as other posters. The one that sticks in my craw is in the video SGibs says the PA FL Drive ply dosen’t matter, the heck it doesn’t. I say this because after you remove all the plays and assign the one play you want to be the #1 play for all situations, go back and add your 4 plays to be your custom audibles, the “FREAKIN” play that doesn’t matter is on of your audibles and there is NO WAY TO GET AROUND IT! You guys need to make an update to this video showing how to do it now as it seems something has changed since the first time you made this one. Oh1 by the way ZFarls “I did use the Dallas PB.”

19. Leroy says:

Why don’t you show a video of how to creat a custom D playbook? You showed one for O so show one for D!

20. pk says:

I have accomplised this task using Cowboys O & Ravens O, but the Cowboy O is the much easier, so I would use that book, as mentioned above.

I have all my aubilbes as I want with cowboy custom, but my big problem in franchis mode, not online, the CPU will not recongize my offensive play calling and lines up in Quarter 3 Man Deep every play.

So, this task will work if you play online against other opponents.

Now, with the Ravens book I built I had to tweak what the video exactly states about to get it to work, hard part is I am not exactly sure how I did it, think it has to do with the fact I picked all audibles from same set or by luck didn’t delete the all situation plays CPU said I couldn’t remove, n futhermore those plays by luck didn’t show up in my aubiles, just my experience, I am not saying this is the correct way to do this.

Still testing to figure out why when I do build some custom books why cpu defensive will only get into quarter 3 man deep or other quarter sets

21. shon says:

I am following all the steps gibs said but the when i try to take the rating down it stays at half of star why is that…

22. Everlast says:

Hey guys,

Cant seem to change an ASSIGNMENT of an individual player…. to BLITZ or ZONE. I was able to do on Madd. 11. Do you know how i can do this on Madd. 12 ??

Thx, Everlast