We will have the chatbox running again on the forums during the draft tonight, so join us to live chat and breakdown the action!
Here we go, with Round 1 of the draft coming up tonight, lets take a look at the players who will be Studs in Madden 11. If you find a lineman on this list, you can punch us in the face. Guys that you want to make plays with only.
10. Jason Pierre Paul – Personally, I expect him to be a bust along the lines of a Calvin Pace and his 28 AWR. HOWEVER, this guy did like 11 back handsprings on sportscenter in full pads. So, Im afraid that if he’s not on the list, he will hop over to my house and spinning backfist me in the dome. Your move, Pierre-Paul. (My money is on his teammate Selvie being better.)
9.-Â Armanti Edwards- The QB from App State is most noted for engineering the upset at “The Big House” a few years back. He won his share of 1-AA titles though and can be a pretty unique hybrid player. If he goes to the right team or system he could make some waves as a Pat White type.
8.- Jimmy Graham/Jermaine Gresham- Here are your STUD athletic style TE’s. Its almost a lock the Pats will draft one and he won’t be able to catch, BUT the other should be able to make a name for himself. My money is on 6’5 former hoops player Jimmy Graham who should develop real nice, well atleast better than athletic freak Martellius Bennett. Marty has given us good 2nd options for Dallas, Good Twitterage and fun hard knocks sessions, but needs to break out “On the field” in his 3rd season.
7. Colt McCoy- Does anyone know if his shoulder is “Alive?” I know Bradford was supposedly the injured player but watching McCoy dangle his arm like spaghetti during the championship game was awkward sea turtle. My thing with Colt is that he has some pretty good wiggle, I’d expect him to be up around 75. He’s faster than Stafford no doubt, so he should get some love in Madden 11. Insert joke about his hot GF here.
6. Taylor Mays/Eric Berry- Lets talk about Ball Hawks. Now, for Madden and especially the MB Goal line D, you need a great user player. Taylor Mays is likely the most raw talent guy here, but he often lines up facing the wrong way. (It almost looks like Sgibs is usering him when he plays football)
So, if you can Harness these players attributes which are sure to be off the charts, you can get an absolute steal if your team of choice picks them up. How about the Chargers grab one Mays to replace Cromartie and his 14 children.
Polamalu is fastest at 93 speed and these players will likely start in that area.
5. Sam Bradford- Very interesting to see what his stats will be. They have to find a way to rate him highest but he can’t really get the ball downfield? He should have pretty good speed though and I respect his decision to pretend he is a helicopter and throw him self at the defense. That skill should help him with the Rams. Steven Jackson can’t save this man and Torry Holt, Ike Bruce and Az-Hakim, ARENT WALKING THROUGH THAT DOOR. (Plus even if they did, they would be grey and old.)
4.Â Jacoby Ford- Likely the fastest WR in the draft (Who has any chance at being good, not just Bethel Johnson or Tim Carter style) It will be interesting to see what team he ends up with. Miami could be a decent fit to replace their Ted Ginn CYA pick. Who else needs a speedy WR, hmm ALL great user teams.
3. Dez Bryant- The more Madden we come across, the less problems we see. Seeing as how they haven’t added a Jerk Rating into Madden 11, this pick will be mighty nice for a team. He’s teetering on the 6’2 size and has a big frame. If he can harness some of the raw ability we saw early in his career, he will be a go-to WR for teams to come. Please don’t go to Seattle, I don’t believe I have ever played a Madden game with them? Are they even in the game? Go to Dallas, give me a virtual stud and implode their shaky WR core in real NFL! DEAL
2. CJ Spiller- Potentially the next Chris Johnson or Trung Candidate. Both Very awesome in Madden, not so much in real life. I love the special teams aspect of this pick though. He will be great return man in virtual and real football.
Giants RB Brandon Jacobs said he would be mad if the giants took Spiller. Well Brandon Jacobs, stop sucking. (If Mcclain is gone, id rather see Spiller than Mike Iupati because Interior Lineman don’t run in the 4.3 range.)
1. Timothy Tebow- Does everyone secretly want their team to use a 2nd round pick on this guy? Would you be mad if you had a late 2 or early 3 spent on this guy? In Madden NO WAY. Guy is gonna be a weapon. As shopmaster confirmed his speed on an early TWIM, he is gonna be a beast.
People ask me what I do at work, well I’m a Tim Tebow. I play fullback, TE, H-Back, QB sometimes, make copies, team prayers, get coffee, order lunch, fix computers, sign deals and win championships. EVERYTHING and NOTHING. I AM TIM TEBOW (but a righty, and not really fast, or strong)
Leave a comment on what pick Tebow gets drafted with for a shot at a free E-Book!
About the Author: ZFarls is a 23 Year Old Madden Baller from Boston, MA. Along with Sgibs, he owns Madden Bible and looks to give players advanced strategies and tactics to win more madden games. He preaches confidence in what you are running and knowing the situation you are in. Everything else will come naturally!